Nursery Lead – St James Church School, Taunton
Permanent: 35 hours per week, term time only
Pay Grade: Band 12 (£22,183 to £25,481)
Actual pay £17,358 to £19,938
Location: St James Church School Nursery, Taunton
An exciting opportunity has opened up for an inspirational Nursery Lead at our highly successful
Nursery. St James Church School Nursery welcomes children aged 2-4 across two rooms, with up to 90
children on roll. The nursery is integral to the success of our large two-form entry school. The successful applicant will work closely with the school’s Senior Leadership Team.
If you are highly organised and motivated, able to nurture and develop the practice of others and you
have a passion for indoor and outdoor play-based learning, you may be the right candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Level 3 Early Years qualification (as a minimum)
- Be experienced in the leadership of an EYFS setting
- Have a working knowledge of safeguarding
- Be familiar with Ofsted inspections and requirements
- Display a range of attributes including personal organisation, initiative, positivity, passion, enthusiasm and a caring nature.
The person appointed would work collaboratively with the Nursery staff, the wider EYFS team, the
School Leadership Team and other colleagues. The school is part of the Bath and Wells Multi Academy
Trust, working with other schools and nurseries on improving learning for all children.