Parent Family Support Advisor (25 hrs across x 2 schools – FTC until August 2021) – St John & St Francis Church School, Bridgwater & Wembdon St Georges’s Church School, Bridgwater
Parent Family Support Advisor Vacancy (24.5 Hours per Week) – Funded to 31.08.21
Band 12, SCP 19 (£24,799 pro rata)
Term Time only plus 4 weeks of working in the holidays.
Split time 60/40 between St John & St Francis School & Wembdon St George’s
Immediate Start (dependant on notice required)
An exciting opportunity for a PFSA has arisen at St John and St Francis Church school & Wembdon St George’s, to provide advice and guidance to families, parents and students to encourage student involvement and participation in the school environment, enabling overall improvement in learning opportunities, aspirations and achievements for those students.
The postholder will be required to support with parenting skills, help resolve difficulties and identify areas that may be of concern in the near future. Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- experience of working with young people and/or families with additional needs or complex family situations
- outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with students, staff, parents and external agencies using tact and discretion to ensure a professional response
- ability to work confidentially in a fast-moving environment, often with conflicting priorities
- a positive approach to the challenges faced and the ability to think and deliver services in a creative and non-stigmatising way
- good literacy, numeracy, organisational and administrative/IT skills