Teaching Assistant – Oakhill Church School, Oakhill
17 hours per week, across 3 days (Term Time Only)
SP 2-4 FTE £18,198-£18,933
Actual salary £6,917- £7,197
The children, staff and governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic person to join our team of Teaching Assistants. The job role will encompass 17 hours a week, working Wednesday-Friday.
We are looking for someone who has:
- An enthusiastic, creative and reflective Teaching Assistant, who has high expectations for the pupils they work with and themselves.
- The ability to work collaboratively with all members of the school team and wider community.
- A good understanding of how to identify and meet individual learning needs within the classroom context.
The post would include:
- Providing nurture and supporting the well-being of our children by; monitoring play, mediating with disagreements and upholding school rules.
- Supporting and leading active and creative play by; scaffolding and modelling appropriate play activities, encouraging safe co-operation and organising play equipment
- Setting up the hall for eating, monitoring children’s eating habits, managing behaviour, clearing away equipment and making sure the hall is clean and tidy
- Maintaining safe practices and procedures to ensure all children are safe and happy. Keeping up to date with first aid requirements.